Unlock the Power of Mindful Money Management
Financial stress can result in psychological and physical issues, according to a study conducted by the American Psychosomatic Society. Mindfulness, the practice of staying intensely focused on the present moment, can help you identify and resolve potential stressors.
Join the Money Mindfulness Program
If you’re ready to take your financial journey to the next level, consider starting the eight-week Money Mindfulness Program available in myVRS Financial Wellness. Once you’re logged in through myVRS, click the “Mindfulness” button in the top right corner of your screen.
Here’s a glimpse of what to expect:
- Weeks 1-2: Start with the basics of mindfulness with a guided body scan and reflective journaling prompts. Develop other important coping skills as you explore the ins and outs of financial stress.
- Weeks 3-4: Gain insights about how stress impacts you and how to respond from a place of clarity. Then, focus on building a foundation of healthy financial habits.
- Weeks 5-6: Concentrate on mindfulness practices that can help curb insomnia caused by financial stress. Also, learn how to build healthy relationships with your finances and others.
- Weeks 7-8: Practice gratitude, a powerful coping mechanism for financial stress. Round out the course by reflecting on your progress and celebrating your strengths.
In the meantime, try these recommended mindfulness techniques:
- Meditation: Start by taking deep breaths to calm your mind and gain clarity. Being in a state of relaxation can help you make better financial decisions.
- Body scan: Focus on each part of the body individually. Notice any points of tension that you’re holding and release them.
- Journaling: Examine your thoughts and feelings about money by writing them down. This can help you better understand your financial habits and give you a visual guide to reference.
Don’t let financial stress hold you back. Start the Eight-Week Money Mindfulness Program and take the first steps in your journey toward financial wellness.