VRS Member Guide Simplifies Onboarding of New Hires
For those just starting in VRS-covered positions, learning about benefits may be overwhelming at first. The VRS Member Guide makes it easier for you to counsel and guide new employees on their benefits.
This easy-reference booklet briefly describes each VRS plan, principal benefits and how to contact VRS. The guide:
- Explains VRS plan information in simple terms with action steps members can take now.
- Register their myVRS account.
- Set voluntary and deferred compensation contributions.
- Guides members to plan resources online, including:
- Where to find their plan’s Handbook for Members.
- The Hybrid Plan Learning Channel, where members of the Hybrid Retirement Plan can watch a series of short videos to learn more.
- Provides a timeline for acting on other benefits, like purchasing prior service and signing up for optional group life insurance, if eligible.
Watch and share our promotional video.
How Do You Use the Guide?
This compact guide supplements member handbooks and applies to all VRS plans, new VRS members and current members who are moving to a new job or employer.
Distribute one publication to new hires, a great time to do so is when you hold orientation sessions for covered employees.
Quickly introduce new members, or returning members, to VRS, highlighting benefits available to them, action steps to take and where to go for more information.
Order copies of the VRS Member Guide today.